The new software release adds two new data fields and fixes a bug affecting auto-resume. It’s a relatively small release this time because the team is focusing on some high-value deliveries that require more than one release cycle to complete. See the Features in Progress section below for some of the items that are getting our attention.
You might notice a change in the release version number, from 1.5.x.3 to 1.8.x.3. This simply represents internal updates to our release management processes, rather than a significant customer-facing change.
Introductions and Enhancements:
- Sunrise Time and Sunset Time data-fields have been introduced.
- Addressed a bug where auto-pause state didn’t auto-resume after the rider added or removed a route or navigation cues while paused.
Features in Progress:
- ANT+ power meter calibration.
- ANT+ battery status for for additional types of sensors.
- Changes to preserve battery life both during a ride and when the Karoo is completely idle. These improvements will be delivered incrementally in coming releases.
- Offline routing and mapping.
- Significant work is underway to update the appearance of the user interface.
- If you remove a route, the “Time of Arrival” and similar destination-related and distance to turn fields hold (rather than clear). These fields resume updating again when a new route is added.
- The Lap Count does not increment immediately if a lap is set while a ride is paused. The count will increment once the ride is resumed.
- Until our battery life optimizations are complete, we suggest manually powering off Karoo when not in use.