[KAROO 2 ONLY] INTRODUCING CONTROL CENTER
We’ve made it simpler and easier than ever to take control of your Karoo 2.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen (or squeeze the upper hardware buttons together) to access the toggles and features you need most, from system and display settings to ride-specific actions (when in ride) such as routing back to where you started.
- Fully operable with either the touchscreen or the hardware buttons, you can use Control Center year-round.
- Take a quick tour of how to use Control Center when you update to this software version, or find it later under “Learn More” at the bottom of the Settings list on Karoo 2.
INTRODUCING ROUTES ARCHIVE
Keep your routes list organized by archiving any routes you don’t ride frequently. Archive or un-archive your routes on the Dashboard. Archived routes are still available on Karoo and can still be ridden.
INTRODUCING CLIMB PREVIEW
From the in-ride Climb List, tap on any climb to expand it and see the full climb’s profile, grade coloring, and the elevation difference between the start and end of the climb. Tap again or open the preview of another climb to close the preview.
UPDATED CLIMBER FEATURE
When Karoo detects climbs on your route, reroute, or route to pin, those climbs will now be shown on the map.
- Upcoming climbs are represented by a lighter shade of blue than the completed climbs.
- The start and end of the current or next climb are indicated by start and end flags.
- We fixed a bug that prevented Karoo from recognizing when certain power meters (notably those made by Rotor) were coasting. This would prevent Karoo from properly recording 0 power during coasting.
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused the profile editor to kick you to the final page of a profile whenever you edited a profile page’s layout or a data field.
- We’ve fixed a bug that prevented the lap summary preview from being shown automatically in Battery Save Mode when auto-lap marked a new lap while the screen was off (the screen would turn on, but the preview wouldn’t pop up).
- We’ve fixed two bugs that could cause failure when Karoos running software version 1.248.1114 or newer tried to upload a ride that was recorded on any previous software version.
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused the Start Ride button not to work the first time you press it after signing into a Hammerhead Account or signing out of one on Karoo.
- [KAROO 2 ONLY] We’ve improved the reliability of the parts of Karoo 2 responsible for ANT sensors and Phone Notifications. This will lead to more reliable connection to phones for notifications and sensor stability. We also fixed a bug that kept some Karoo 2s from updating their Radio Firmware. When these users take this new update, they’ll also receive the benefit of our past fixes for ANT sensor and Phone Notification reliability.