UPDATED DATA DISPLAY
We’ve redesigned the way Karoo communicates the state of your data and sensors, for almost all data fields, for clarity and confidence.
- Numeric data fields will always show a proper value, in the proper format. For example, previously, fields such as Distance and Lap Time would show “000” before each ride. Now, they’ll show 0.0 and 00:00 respectively.
- Any data field that relies on sensors will show if that sensor is being searched for or not, so you can roll away from your rest stops with confidence.
- These treatments have been applied to all types of data fields, so you won’t get any more mixed signals from different fields for the same sensor.
IMPROVED STRAVA LIVE SEGMENTS
We’ve made the following improvements to Strava Live Segments:
- We’ve updated the colors used in the segment experience to be more visible and legible out on the road.
- We’ve added dynamic arrangement of the current position indicator bubble versus multiple competitors. This not only makes the experience more intuitively understandable, but it also allows you to see more than one competitor when you’re “off the front” or “off the back.”
- We’ve added exciting animations to the Results screen when you set a new PR, QOM, or KOM. These can be rare achievements, and we want to celebrate them. Note: To ensure consistency between athletes, the times shown on the Karoo during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
- We’ve improved the experience of starting and saving your rides by lightening the loading screen as your ride is prepared, and redesigning the Ride Save spinner for continuity.
BETTER ANT+ CONNECTIVITY
We’ve reengineered the software that connects your ANT+ heart rate monitor to Karoo. Now you can expect significantly faster connection times and a more solid connection.
- We’ve fixed a bug that had caused distance to stop being recorded at the moment when sensors are either re-ordered in the sensors list, or disconnected from Karoo mid-ride. This bug would lead to speed spikes on 3rd party ride analysis tools. Note: the distance “missed” was still included in the ride total (so don’t worry, that century you did last week still counts).
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused the swiping behavior of the drawer to be unpredictable. It should be much easier to swipe between tabs in the drawer now.
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused the first calibration request to fail almost every time for crank-torque power meters. Now, it should be less frustrating to calibrate your power meter zero offset.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause Strava Live Segments to never show the elevation profile of the segment, and instead stay fixed on the Segment Name.