Director of Software
At Hammerhead we strive to inspire and empower individuals to unlock their athletic potential,
and cycling is the first market in which we are focusing on doing this. Cycling is a cutting edge
endurance sport laboratory and the best place for us to develop core products that we will later
expand to other sports.
We are a dynamic, high growth startup with a globally positioned team pushing the envelope of technology in the space of endurance athletics. We have a headquarters in NYC as well as a remote team growing around the world with operations concentrated in New York, Boulder, Cape Town, Bangalore and Shenzhen. We have built a highly capable team, and are at the point of looking to expand on this as we pursue our product vision.
About the Role
- As Director of Software you will own and lead all efforts related to software development across Hammerhead’s product lines. Today that includes a large emphasis on web and our custom Android and iOS offerings. In the future, the scope of platforms on which we are building will increase.
- Working closely with product and design teams you will develop and execute software road maps in a precise and timely manner.
- This is a chance to join a growing startup at the most exciting stage with the opportunity to build and manage a high performance, cross functional team.
Why Hammerhead, and why now?
- We are building something that is tangible, technically cutting edge and benefits people.
- We have a huge opportunity to own our first market, and create a hugely significant company in the process.
- We have great people on our team from a variety of backgrounds. Great people attract great people. We like working with one another.
- We are diverse in the true sense of the word - we have people from a vast array of backgrounds and experiences, who are united by a common set of values and passions.
- We have an athletic culture and a majority of our team are athletes.
- We have both great investors, as well as a real profitable business model.
- Work out of our beautiful Manhattan office at Hudson Yards
- Athletic event subsidies - we will pay for you to participate in athletic events like Ironman
- Subsidies and industry pricing on lots of cycling and athletic gear
- Cycling happens to take place in the most beautiful locations on earth. There are plenty of opportunities to travel with Hammerhead
- Lead our software development teams across all platforms.
- Oversee our agile-based team environment while securing sprint goals and deliverables.
- Work with product, design and executive teams to structure and implement roadmaps.
- Be the go-to engineering resource for any and all software related technical problems.
- Recruit, and build a large and exceptionally effective software team.
- Vet outstanding talent for local and remote teams.
- Define and implement quality assurance processes across all areas of influence.
- Promote and cultivate growth within Hammerhead’s engineering team.
- NYC located or willing to relocate to NYC.
- Demonstrated ability to build, grow and lead a team of at least 20 engineers across complex interrelated products
- Minimum of 13 years experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or Software Development
- Deep experience in Android application, full stack web and mobile development.
- A deep understanding and experience in JAVA, Kotlin, nodeJS, Golang.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment
Cadidate Bonus Attributes
- Early stage startup experience
- Leadership role in tier 1 software engineering environment such as Google, Amazon, Facebook or the like
- Passion for cycling or other endurance athletics is a big plus
- Market range salary
- Meaningful equity
If you believe that you fit the above, please contact us with your portfolio showcasing any of the above at firstname.lastname@example.org we will be sure to get back to you soon.
Other open positionsSoftware Engineer
Different job title?
If you are someone who makes things happen, someone who has a lot to contribute and someone who is eager to join Hammerhead, please feel free to get in touch with us. We’re always looking for great people to join our mission.